I feel a little cliche doing a “What I am thankful for post”, so changing it up a bit with 10 things I am thankful for that I never thought I would say (in no particular order)…
1. I am thankful that it took me longer than I wanted (and hoped for to meet my husband), as we would not be where we are today.
2. I am thankful that I accidentally found out the gender of my second born, as I would bonded more with her knowing.
3. I am thankful for being bullied, because it made me advocate and stand up for myself, thus making making me stronger.
4. I am thankful for being overly emotional at times, as it has helped me bond with others.
5. I am thankful for that one job I did not get, as the job I did end up getting was better.
6. I am thankful for having my heart broken, as I learned to love again.
7. I am thankful for the arguments I have had with my siblings, as it has created a bond between us now that is unbreakable.
8. I am thankful that I couldn’t afford what I thought was my dream car (at the time), because it wouldn’t have been able to fit car seats that would have gone in it 5 years later.
9. I am thankful for my strong willed child who constantly is pushing my limits for teaching me patience and understanding.
10. I am thankful for my life not turning out how the 12 year old Sabra wanted it to!